Lamb Chops with Cranberry Citrus Chutney
Pairs with 2012 Tannat
Cranberry Citrus Chutney
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 orange, zested and quartered
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
Into a heavy bottom sauce pan add: cranberries, sugar, wine, orange zest, vanilla bean and seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 orange quarters. Cook over medium-low heat until cranberries begin to soften and lose their shape and sugar has dissolved. Approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving. Garnish with additional orange zest if desired.
- 4 6-ounce double lamb chop (use a chop from loin end of rack)
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons maple chili glaze
- 2 teaspoons maple chili glaze (reserve glaze after broiling)
- 2 cups mizuna lettuce
Season the lamb chops with kosher salt and chili glaze prior to placing under the broiler. Broil the lamb chops to the desired temperature. Toss mizuna with 2 teaspoons of Cranberry Citrus Chutney and place on plates. Plate the two lamb chops over the mizuna; serve the first lamb chop with 1 tablespoon of the cranberry citrus chutney as garnish.
Chef Tip: Cut lamb chops from the loin end of the rack - lamb chops will cook quickly (3-4 minutes per side for medium rare)